Tarihçi is an international peer-reviewed journal issued in Turkish and English. Tarihçi is an open-access journal and no fee is charged for articles published in it.
It is issued three times per year, in January, May and September. Article submission dates are December 01 for the January issue, April 01 for the May issue, and August 01 for September issue.
Studies on historiography, methodos, theory and historical events are published in Tarihçi and it is open every studying areas related to history.
Articles submitted by authors are passed through plagiarism programs. The similarity rate above 15% according to the plagiarism program means that the article is rejected without entering the referee process. The article is returned to its author.
Articles passing the plagiarism program are sent to the referees. Articles passing the double-blind referee process are entitled to be published in Tarihçi.
An article receiving negative reports from two referees is not published. An article receiving a negative report from a referee is sent to another referee for re-evaluation.
Articles whose refereeing process is completed are put in order according to the priority of submission.
Apart from the refereeing process, the editor-in-chief or the editorial assistants can request correction. The author is obliged to submit the revised text to Tarihçi.
The editor-in-chief or the editorial assistants can make the necessary changes on the text.
The opinions and all kinds of claims in the article belong to the author. Tarihçi and the editor-in-chief do not have any responsibility for the content of the article.
Authors bear the responsibility of the copyrights of the opinions, thoughts, visual materials used in their articles or any intellectual and artistic products.
Any legal responsibility due to the article published in Tarihçi belongs directly to the author. All financial obligations arising from the legal process are borne by the author.
No royalty fees are paid for articles published in Tarihçi.
NOTICE: To send an article to Tarihçi means accepting the above-mentioned principles.
1. Articles should be based on research.
2. Articles should be built on a specific problematic.
3. Resources should be used in article and these should be indicated in footnote with Chicago citation system. Please check the link for detailed information about the Chicago references. chicagomanuel
4. Articles sent to Tarihçi must be original works.
Articles published in other journals will be returned to the authors.
5. The study presented orally at scientific meetings but not published can be sent to Tarihçi with a statement that it has not been published before. Studies of this feature are included in the referee process.
6. Articles should contain Turkish and English titles and abstracts. Abstract should not exceed 200 words in both languages. There should be a maximum of five keywords under the abstract.
7. The title of author, name-surname and ORCID number should be added under the title of the article. The institution of the author and the email address must be included in the explanatory footnote.
8. The article should be limited to 10.000 words with Times Roman Tur font and 12 pt. The main title of the article should be 14 pt with Times Roman Tur font and subtitles should be 12 pt and bold.
9. References used in the article should be given according to the Chicago citation system.
Please check the template showing heading, subheadings and the citation system: Article Template